Clinical Manager - Family Birth Center
Family Birth Center Clinical Manager Overview
The Family Birth Center Clinical Manager reports to the Vice President of Nursing and is clinically, operationally, and fiscally accountable for the Family Birth Center and the Baby Friendly Hospital Program. The Clinical Manager facilitates the Asante vision and values by setting professional standards in an open, creative, accountable, non-threatening and supportive environment.
As the Family Birth Center Clinical Manager for Asante Three Rivers you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively participate in achieving hospital and health system goals
- Engage in the performance improvement process to assure that the quality and patient safety within the unit drive excellence in patient care
- Identify opportunities for improvement of work processes and engage the FBC team in decisions that affect their practice
- Develop annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan, including a mechanism to monitor plan implementation and outcomes
- Assists in maintaining Asante's profitability through innovative and diligent application of sound resource management principles
- Partner with our medical staff to advance the care of patients
As a designated "Baby-Friendly" Hospital, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center places special emphasis on the importance of breastfeeding and natural nutrition. We are committed to supporting a mother's infant feeding choice. Private birthing suites allow mothers to stay in one room for labor, delivery, and recovery.
Asante Three Rivers Medical Center is a 125-bed modern facility in Grants Pass, Oregon combining leading-edge technology with holistic healing principles. Asante Three Rivers is ranked #1 in Oregon and in the Top 100 in the nation for overall surgical care (Care Chex) and is a Top 100 best hospital for joint replacement (Healthgrades). Asante Health System is a 5 time Truven Top 15 health system and the #1 health system in the nation for medical excellence and patient safety (Care Chex). Asante Three Rivers was the first hospital in Oregon to be designated a Pathway to Excellence Hospital from the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC). The Pathway to Excellence Program defines and measures the essential elements of an optimal nursing practice environment. Designation confirms to the community that the healthcare organization is committed to nurses, recognizes what is important to nursing practice and values nurses' contributions in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field or within 6 months of completion
- Master's degree in Nursing or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of progressive leadership/supervisory experience in a clinical specialty required
- Previous management experience preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (or eligible for licensure) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to communicate and work in an effective manner with all levels of personnel
- Ability to effectively hold staff accountable in effort of achieving optimal efficiencies and patient care outcomes
- Proficiency with the complete PI cycle along with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, acting as a positive role model and change agent
- Successful complex problem solving abilities
- Competency with fiscal management
- Proficiency in computers and related software applications along with the ability to interpret an variety of technical instructions
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent salary, including bonus potential
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
- Generous work/life balance incentive
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.