Registered Nurse ATRMC (Obstetrics)
RN - Obstetrics Position Overview
FTE: 0.9/ Status: Full Time, Nights
Schedule: 3rd Shift - Nights
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Asante Three Rivers Medical Center (ATRMC) in Grants Pass is a community hospital that offers a wide range of high-quality medical care to residents of Southern Oregon. The 125-bed hospital combines the small hospital feel with the high-tech capabilities of a modern facility.
Asante Three Rivers received the Pathway to Excellence designation in 2019 for the third time from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital is one of only two in Oregon to achieve this honor, and one of only 23 hospitals worldwide to have achieved the designation three or more times. The Pathway to Excellence designation recognizes health care organizations that have made a commitment to creating a nursing practice environment that empowers and engages staff. Asante Three Rivers is a multi-year recipient of the CMS 5 star ranking for quality and safety and also ranked in among the top providers of orthopedic services in Oregon.
As an RN for ATRMC's Obstetrics unit, you have the opportunity to be part of a team in an advanced birth center, which happens to be one of just 26 birth facilities in the nation with the Baby Friendly designation. ATRMC may boast about having the most sophisticated equipment and facilities and about our highly trained, experienced and professional staff - however what truly sets us apart is our caring attitude.
The Family Birth Center at ATRMC has a total of 12 beds: 8 are LDRP and 4 are overflow for couplets, antepartum and post C-section couplets as needed. There is also a 3-bed triage area. Nurse to patient ratios are 1:1 - 1:4 for couplets and 1:1 - 1:2 for labor patients based on acuities. C-sections are 1:1 until after four hours recovery. All assignments ratios are based on AWHONN guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Two years current RN experience in LDRP preferred
- NICU experience preferred
- One year RN experience is required**
- **If you are an RN with at least one year of acute care experience, who is passionate about learning Obstetrics, please reach out to our recruiter, Heather Richter at [email protected] for more information.
- RN: Registered Nurse licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- NRP: Neonatal Resuscitation Program must be obtained within 4 months of hire
- RNC-OB: Inpatient Obstetrics Nurse
- Doula Certification *Childbirth Certification
- Breastfeeding Certification
- Waterbirth Certification
- IBLCE: International Board of Lactate Consultant Examiners (for the Family Birth Center)
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service, or may be available immediately if you are pursuing a BSN
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.