Director of Finance
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Our many accolades speak volumes about our commitment to quality and positive patient outcomes and directly reflect our employee's passion for the communities we serve. These accolades include:
- Merative (formerly IBM Watson Health) 15 Top Health Systems award in 2022. We've earned this recognition for TEN years in a row.
- For the ninth time, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center has been named to the Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals list for 2022.
- All three of our hospitals received a CMS five-star rating in 2022.
- Asante was named one of America's Best in State Employers in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
A $1 BILLION INVESTMENT IN OUR COMMUNITY
Over the next 10 years, Asante is embarking on its largest growth and development plan yet. It includes a $1 billion investment in the community for new construction, renovation, deferred maintenance, planned replacement, equipment and information technology.
Our expansion plans include the following:
- A new, 323,600-square-foot patient pavilion of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The addition will make more space available for people needing emergency care, women's and children's services, heart care and surgery. Construction on the $420 million addition began Nov. 1, 2020, with completion in early 2023. Expansion of the Emergency Department, site development and other renovations are included in the cost.
- A new regional cancer center near the Asante Rogue Regional campus. The nearly 80,000-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion services, education and support services. The $64 million project began in February 2020 and was completed in January 2022. It joins the Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- A 24,000 square foot expansion at the Spears Cancer Center on the campus of Asante Three Rivers. The 35,000-square-foot Spears Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion, lab and pharmacy services. The estimated cost is $15.2 million, and construction was completed in November 2021. It joins the Heimann Cancer Center in Medford as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- An expansion and renovation of the Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Emergency Department to accommodate the growing number of people seeking care. Treating more than 41,000 patients annually, the ED added 11 beds and doubled in size. The $12.7 million project was completed in December 2020.
- An expansion for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's inpatient behavioral health unit from 18 to 24 beds to address the growing need for acute mental health care. The $6.8 million project was completed in spring 2020 and includes a courtyard garden and calming spaces for patients.
The Finance Director for Asante is responsible for oversight and leadership of finance operations including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounting, Decision Support, Provider Compensation, and the Reimbursement/Cost report program. Also directs and manages key processes including financial closes, cash management, financial audit, and cost reporting analysis; profitability modeling; operating and strategic financial planning; annual operating and capital budgeting; decision support and business analysis; oversight of provider compensation management and maintaining provider compensation philosophy.
- Directing the cash and investment processes which allow Asante to maintain safety of principal and appropriate returns.
- Directing internal and external reporting to meet all Federal, State and local reporting requirements.
- Ensuring that the expenditure process meets the needs of the organization, both for accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinating the financial planning and budget process to provide understanding to leadership and facilitate system decision making.
- Managing the Accounting department budget to allow efficient transaction processing and reporting within expected expenditure levels.
- Managing the Accounting department staff to maintain a high level of performance and prepare for the future.
- Managing provider compensation for Asante Hospitals and Medical group.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with emphasis in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 5 or more years of healthcare accounting and/or financial experience, plus at least 3 years in a management capacity, also required.
- CPA: Certified Public Accountant licensed by Oregon Board of Accountancy, highly preferred.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive Total Rewards package including medical, dental, vision, and wellness; retirement plan with up to a 6% employer contribution; and a generous paid time off policy that increases with years of service
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
More About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 600,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 6,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.