The Critical Care Outreach RN for Asante Ashland Community Hospital (AACH) is responsible for delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. That includes the following:
- Providing Pre-RRT Consult and Post RRT Response follow-up.
- Responding to all Rapid Response and Code Blue activations (team leader) and providing Code Grey/Crisis Intervention.
- Contributing to continuous quality improvement in work practice.
- Partnering with Emergency Department in time sensitive situations. Initially include target populations of septic patients, therapeutic hypothermia, fast track cardiac surgery and STEMI patients, and fast track to ICU patients (trauma, mechanical ventilation).
- Providing education, support, and feedback to other health care team providers.
- Assisting with breaks and staffing needs in Med/Surg and Emergency Departments
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)preferred
- Minimum 1 year of acute care experience is required
- Emergency Department, Urgent Care, or Critical Care experience,preferred
- RN: Registered Nurse licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified by American Heart Association (AHA) within 4 months of hire and must be current to triage
- PALS: Pediatric Advanced Life Support certified by American Heart Association (AHA) within 4 months of hire and must be current to triage
- TNCC: Trauma Nurse Core Course within 4 months of hire and must be current to triage
- TEAM: Trauma Evaluation and Management is acceptable instead of TNCC for subsequent years
- CEN: Certified Emergency Nurse
- CCRN: Certified Critical Care Nurse
What We Offer for Full and Part-time Positions
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.