Manager of Finance (Accounting)
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
The Finance Manager for Asante manages the staff and processes of the financial departments within the organization. Areas of responsibilities include Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Ledger, Audit, Budget, and external reporting for all Asante entities.
As a Finance Manager for Asante - you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage performance and development of the accounting staff, with focus on enhancing teamwork and attainment of department goals via ongoing mentoring, recognition, development, and individual counseling, as well as implementing performance management process for staff.
- Manage General Ledger processes to provide overall direction for priorities and goals and serve as a technical resource for staff and review work products to support reliance on output by both internal and external users of financial information.
- Manage the audit process to maximize efficiency and ensure adequate compliance with underlying policies, procedures and processes that will support reliance on audit report by internal and external users of financial information.
- Assist with financial reporting and communication of financial results to both internal and external users of financial information.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible professional level finance experience (preferably within healthcare).
- Master's degree.
- Working knowledge of accounting/accounts payable/payroll and previous experience in a leadership type role.
- CPA: Certified Public Accountant.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage - including earning more for a preferred degree and/or preferred licensure!
- Comprehensive Total Rewards package including medical, dental, vision, and wellness; retirement plan with up to a 6% employer contribution; and a generous paid time off policy that increases with years of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of service.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. For more on our story and award-winning health care, click HERE.
Our many accolades speak volumes about our commitment to quality and positive patient outcomes and directly reflect our employee's passion for the communities we serve. These accolades include:
- Merative (formerly IBM Watson Health) 15 Top Health Systems award in 2022. We've earned this recognition for ten years in a row.
- For the eighth time, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center has been named to the Fortune/Merative 100 Top Hospitals list for 2021.
- Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center was also recognized as Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals list in 2021.
- All three of our hospitals received a CMS five-star rating in 2021.
- Asante was named one of America's Best in State Employers by Forbes in 2020 and 2021.
A $1 Billion Investment in our Community
Over the next 10 years, Asante is embarking on its largest growth and development plan yet. It includes a $1 billion investment in the community for new construction, renovation, deferred maintenance, planned replacement, equipment, and information technology.
Our expansion plans include the following:
- A new, 323,600-square-foot patient pavilion of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The addition will make more space available for people needing emergency care, women's and children's services, heart care and surgery. Construction on the $420 million addition began Nov. 1, 2020, with completion in early 2023. Expansion of the Emergency Department, site development and other renovations are included in the cost.
- A new regional cancer center near the Asante Rogue Regional campus. The nearly 80,000-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion services, education, and support services. The $64 million project began in February 2020 and was completed in January 2022. It joins the Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- A 24,000 square foot expansion at the Spears Cancer Center on the campus of Asante Three Rivers. The 35,000-square-foot Spears Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion, lab and pharmacy services. The estimated cost is $15.2 million, and construction was completed in November 2021. It joins the Heimann Cancer Center in Medford as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- An expansion and renovation of the Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Emergency Department to accommodate the growing number of people seeking care. Treating more than 41,000 patients annually, the ED added 11 beds and doubled in size. The $12.7 million project was completed in December 2020.
- An expansion for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's inpatient behavioral health unit from 18 to 24 beds to address the growing need for acute mental health care. The $6.8 million project was completed in spring 2020 and includes a courtyard garden and calming spaces for patients.
More About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.