Director of Marketing & Communications
The Director of Communications and Marketing will develop and direct Asante marketing, communications, market research, growth and brand-management strategies across the system. The strategies should reinforce and extend Asante's position as the regional leader in health care and medicine.
Our Director of Marketing and Communication will champion excellence in internal communication with our employees using the mastery of collaborating with Executive leaders on strategic direction, expertise in change management, and the ability to illustrate our mission and purpose to the organization through effective communication channels.
- Ensure excellence in our external and internal communications, including our dynamic approach to employee communication that effectively adapts to the situational communication needs.
- Brilliance in Stakeholder analysis and collaboration, prioritizing the most impactful strategies for organizational health (internal and external).
- Build on Asante's strong brand presence and navigate the complexity of integrating a world class Employee Value Proposition as a foundation of the marketing brand.
As Asante's Director of Marketing and Communications, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead our marketing team, by creating a culture that fosters staff self-development and continued learning which includes developing the abilities of all staff by providing regular feedback, coaching, mentoring, and providing learning opportunities through formal and informal methods.
- Communicate and implement the strategic direction of the organization that fulfills the mission, vision, and values of Asante.
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships encouraging feedback from internal and external customers, including patients and families, to monitor service effectiveness, identify problems with work processes, and ensure that customer needs are met.
- Develop an annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan, including a mechanism to monitor plan implementation and outcomes and assisting Asante in maintaining profitability through innovative and diligent application of sound resource management principles.
- Develop and direct Asante's marketing, marketing communications, market research and brand-management strategies - including reinforcing and extending Asante's position as the regional leader in health care, and planning and overseeing all external communications for the system, various departments and entities, relevant clinicians, and business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or healthcare related field is required.
- Master's degree in marketing, business or healthcare related field is preferred.
- Minimum five years of recent experience directing and implementing comprehensive growth, outreach, business development, and sales & marketing programs for complex, multi-faceted organizations is required.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
Our many accolades speak volumes about our commitment to quality and positive patient outcomes and directly reflect our employee's passion for the communities we serve. These accolades include:
- IBM Watson Health 15 Top Health Systems award in 2021. We've earned this recognition for nine years in a row.
- For the eighth time, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center has been named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list for 2021.
- Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center was also recognized as Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals list in 2021.
- Asante Three Rivers Medical Center and Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center received the 2023 CMS 5-star rating.
- Asante was named one of America's Best in State Employers by Forbes in 2020 and 2021.
A $1 Billion Investment In Our Community
Over the next 10 years, Asante is embarking on its largest growth and development plan yet. It includes a $1 billion investment in the community for new construction, renovation, deferred maintenance, planned replacement, equipment and information technology.
Our expansion plans include the following:
- A new, 323,600-square-foot patient pavilion of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The addition will make more space available for people needing emergency care, women's and children's services, heart care and surgery. Construction on the $420 million addition began Nov. 1, 2020, with completion in early 2023. Expansion of the Emergency Department, site development and other renovations are included in the cost.
- A new regional cancer center near the Asante Rogue Regional campus. The nearly 80,000-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion services, education and support services. The $64 million project began in February 2020 and is expected to was completed in January 2022. It joins the Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- A 24,000 square foot expansion at the Spears Cancer Center on the campus of Asante Three Rivers. The 35,000-square-foot Spears Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion, lab and pharmacy services. The estimated cost is $15.2 million, and construction was completed in November 2021. It joins the Heimann Cancer Center in Medford as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- An expansion and renovation of the Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Emergency Department to accommodate the growing number of people seeking care. Treating more than 41,000 patients annually, the ED added 11 beds and doubled in size. The $12.7 million project was completed in December 2020.
- An expansion for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's inpatient behavioral health unit from 18 to 24 beds to address the growing need for acute mental health care. The $6.8 million project was completed in spring 2020 and includes a courtyard garden and calming spaces for patients.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Director Bonus Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
More About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.