VP Operations APP & AHN
Salary: Starts at $250,000 and up - based on experience and qualifications.
Our Vice President of Operations (VPO) is responsible for operational effectiveness of Asante Physician Partners and our Asante Health Network. The Vice President works collaboratively with the Senior Vice President of Operations to implement our community care goals wholistically, partnering effectively across the entire Asante Health System including the Primary Care, Specialty Care, and orchestrating patient access, quality outcomes, and a system approach to ensure community health. The Vice President will take a lead from the front approach to working with our Providers, clinics, and health system partners to ensure Asante Physician Partners and the Asante Health Network receives exceptional direction and communication with a focus on achieving second to none community healthcare.
The Vice President of APP (Asante Physician Partners) and AHN (Asante Health Network) will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with community care partners to enhance the continuum of care and improve patient outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with acute care facilities to ensure seamless transitions and coordinated care for patients.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures that support effective collaboration within the broader healthcare community.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to facilitate seamless information flow among healthcare providers.
- Improve quality and safety practices in our clinical settings.
- Utilize creative practices to recruit and retain providers in the market.
- Foster a culture of open communication, collaboration, and knowledge-sharing to enhance overall patient care with an emphasis of in person relationship building.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of primary and specialty care workflows within a healthcare system.
- Collaborate with department heads to align clinical practices with organizational goals, ensuring high-quality and patient-centered care.
- Utilize your expertise to contribute to the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that improve the integration of primary and specialty care services.
- Promote a culture of accountability, excellence, and continuous improvement through exemplary leadership practices.
- Maintain a strong in-clinic presence, engaging directly with healthcare providers to understand their challenges and needs.
- Master's Degree in business administration or healthcare administration is required.
- 7 years of leadership experience in a multi-specialty physician group practice setting, including at least 5 years of leadership experience in leading physician group operations within the context of a health system environment, with significant exposure to all aspects of a group practice.
- Experience must also include managing operational programs, process improvement and customer relations within the context of a health system, medical provider group, health insurance organization or related healthcare organizations.
A $1 Billion Investment In Our Community
Over the next 10 years, Asante is embarking on its largest growth and development plan yet. It includes a $1 billion investment in the community for new construction, renovation, deferred maintenance, planned replacement, equipment, and information technology.
Our expansion plans include the following:
- A new, 323,600-square-foot patient pavilion of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The addition will make more space available for people needing emergency care, women's and children's services, heart care and surgery. Construction on the $420 million addition began Nov. 1, 2020, with completion in early 2023. Expansion of the Emergency Department, site development and other renovations are included in the cost.
- A new regional cancer center near the Asante Rogue Regional campus. The nearly 80,000-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion services, education and support services. The $64 million project began in February 2020 and was completed in January 2022. It joins the Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- A 24,000 square foot expansion at the Spears Cancer Center on the campus of Asante Three Rivers. The 35,000-square-foot Spears Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion, lab, and pharmacy services. The estimated cost is $15.2 million, and construction was completed in November 2021. It joins the Heimann Cancer Center in Medford as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- An expansion and renovation of the Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Emergency Department to accommodate the growing number of people seeking care. Treating more than 41,000 patients annually, the ED added 11 beds and doubled in size. The $12.7 million project was completed in December 2020.
- An expansion for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's inpatient behavioral health unit from 18 to 24 beds to address the growing need for acute mental health care. The $6.8 million project was completed in spring 2020 and includes a courtyard garden and calming spaces for patients.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor. You can see our many other quality awards and accolades HERE.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards package including medical, dental, vision, and wellness; retirement plan with up to a 6% employer contribution; and a generous paid time off policy that increases with years of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
More About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.