Environmental Services Assistant/Housekeeper- ARRMC
Additional Position Details: We currently have full time, part time and on-call positions available.
Salary: The typical starting range is $17.00 and up (based on qualifications and years of relevant experience). Plus, you will receive extra pay (shift differentials) for swing, night, and weekend hours.
- $1.04 extra per hour between 3:00pm and 11:00pm
- $1.90 extra per hour between 11:00pm and 7:00am
- $.88 extra per hour for weekend shifts
External candidates may be eligible for a Recruitment Bonus who are hired into a full time or part time position!
As a Housekeeper at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the Environmental Services team to keep Asante buildings safe and clean
- Create a positive patient experience through daily interactions with patients and their families
- Perform a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, waiting rooms, administrative offices, and other hospital/non-hospital areas
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- One year of institutional cleaning experience is preferred
- A positive, professional, and caring attitude in dealing with patients and their families, hospital staff, visitors, and peers
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and directed
- A cooperative effort toward team concepts
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English
Working Environment / Physical Requirements
- This position requires continuous physical exertion including the ability to lift, push or pull over 50 pounds, bending and stretching and other awkward physical movements.
- In addition, exposure to blood and bodily fluids is to be expected.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
For Flexible Workforce (on-call) positions, we offer:
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values -traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.