Sign-on and Retention Bonus - Housekeeper
FTE/Hours: Depends on the position - we have full-time, part-time and flexible workforce positions open!
Salary: $15.65 to $19.56/hr
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center currently has Housekeeping opportunities for all schedules and shifts - come and work where what you do really matters! We are offering a $500 sign on bonus upon hire and a $500 retention bonus after 90 days for anyone who applies on or after December 1st and is hired into a full-time or part-time position. We're also currently offering an employee referral bonus for current employees who refer a candidate who is hired into a full-time or part-time role.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given.
As a Housekeeper (Environmental Services Assistant) you will start at over $15.50 an hour and you can make extra money per hour when working swing, night, and weekend hours!
- $1.90 extra per hour between 11:00pm and 7:00am
- $1.04 extra per hour between 3:00pm and 11:00pm
- $.88 extra per hour for weekend shifts
ALSO - our Flexible Workforce (on-call) positions pay an additional 15% on top of your hourly wage - plus the shift differentials as noted above
On your application, please be sure to indicate all the shifts and schedules you are able and willing to work (under the Additional Information section towards the bottom of the application)
Housekeeper (Environmental Services Assistant) Position Overview
At Asante, the Housekeeper for Environmental Services plays an important part in contributing to a high level of customer service, patient satisfaction and a positive work environment. Through the use of appropriate asepsis techniques, the Housekeeper maintains a clean, healthy, and safe environment for all patients, visitors, and employees. This work may be performed onsite at the hospitals and/or at the numerous offsite buildings and offices owned and operated by Asante.
As a Housekeeper at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the Environmental Services team to keep Asante buildings safe and clean
- Create a positive patient experience through daily interactions with patients and their families
- Perform a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, waiting rooms, administrative offices, and other hospital/non-hospital areas
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- One year of institutional cleaning experience is preferred
- A positive, professional, and caring attitude in dealing with patients and their families, hospital staff, visitors, and peers
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and directed
- A cooperative effort toward team concepts
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English
Working Environment / Physical Requirements
- This position requires continuous physical exertion including the ability to lift, push or pull over 50 pounds, bending and stretching and other awkward physical movements.
- In addition, exposure to blood and bodily fluids is to be expected.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
For Flexible Workforce (on-call) positions, we offer:
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values -traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.