Patient Access Rep - Emergency Dept
FTE/Hours: Flexible Workforce. An additional 15% paid on top of hourly wage for Flexible Workforce position. Extra money also paid for swing, night, and weekend hours.
Salary: Typical starting range is $15.65 to $19.56 (based on qualifications and years of relevant experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Emergency Department (ED) Patient Access Representative provides customer-service coverage in Emergency Department locations of Asante and assumes the responsibility for successful financial outcomes of all patient services.
Under the general supervision of the Patient Access Supervisor, the Patient Access Rep performs imperative duties, including but not limited to:
- Appointment scheduling
- Registration and insurance verification
- Telephone coverage and data entry
- Filing protected health information (PHI)
- Patient referrals and point-of-service collections
In this role, the ED Patient Access Rep is also responsible for thoroughly and accurately describing the various compliance and regulatory documents that Asante is required to present to patients - while always being aware of maintaining patient relations, customer satisfaction, and Asante's financial solvency.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Associate's degree, preferred
- Patient registration experience - OR - related customer service, administrative, and/or data entry experience, is required
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate through the National Association of Healthcare Access Management, preferred
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.