CNA1 - Hospice Aide (Hospice Services)
Salary: Based on years of relevant experience
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Asante Hospice Mission is to serve our community by providing quality end-of-life care. We honor our patients' and families' choices through compassionate holistic services.
We are looking for CNA's who are independent, self -motivated, committed to ongoing personal and professional growth, have good communication skills, and have a passion for helping people and making a real difference in their daily lives. The Hospice CNA assists the RN in the implementation of a plan of care by providing personal care, limited medical care, and instruments of daily living to patients in the home environment. Hospice CNA's see patients where they live, so have a great deal of autonomy, but also work closely with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team. Asante Hospice has one of the highest employee engagement and retention rates within the Asante organization, which is a reflection of the support of management, the hospice team, and the challenging and rewarding work of end of life care.
This role requires good communication skills; strong organizational and innovative skills; and the ability work well as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
As a Hospice CNA at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide personal care to individuals at end of life
- Support family caregivers in providing care at home
- Work autonomously throughout Jackson and Josephine Counties
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior CNA experience required
- Home health, Skilled Nursing Facility, and or private duty care for individuals at end of life experience, preferred
- Recent Hospice and end of life care experience, preferred.
- CNA licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- Possession of a valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past 10 years and proof of insurance required upon start
- Home Health Aide (HHA) by Oregon Association for Home Care, preferred
Additional Posting Information
- This position requires to take weekend call
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis - for example to transfer a patient in and out of a bed. The ability to bend, stretch, twist and perform other awkward physical movements is also required.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 6-0,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 6,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.