Ultrasound Tech AACH (Radiology)
On Call Variable Schedule -
Position includes variable daytime hours along with evening/weekend on-call duties. On-call rotation averages 1-2 nights/week and 1 weekend per month.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Ultrasound Tech has the opportunity to perform a variety of specialized ultrasonic procedures while assisting physicians in patient diagnosis and various ultrasound-guided surgical procedures.
As the Sonographer at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a cohesive team to provide quality healthcare using state of-the- art ultrasound technology
- Build relationships with physicians and medical staff to provide quality results
- Work in an accredited General Ultrasound Department
- Related Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred
- One-year experience in clinical diagnostic hospital setting preferred, but not required
- Vascular registry, or willingness to be trained
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association is required upon start
- Current license from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) in the specialties of Abdomen (Abd) and Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/Gyn) is preferred. Board certification in both specialties must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Licensed in Sonography by the Oregon Board of Imaging (OBMI) with subspecialty as an RDMS in Abd or OB/Gyn preferred
- A temporary license is required for new hires
- Official license in both subspecialties, and national registry, must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Treat patients as a first priority by providing dependable, compassionate, and efficient care
- Ability to solve problems related to scheduling, patient care, and equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients and staff
- Exhibit outstanding professionalism, customer service, and teamwork abilities
- Strong computing and keyboarding skills
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.