Service Rep - Grants Pass
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.0/ 40 hours a week
Salary: This position has a range of $16.66 to $20.83 (Based on qualifications and experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Lab Services Representative acts as liaison between the lab and other departments, as well as other offices and clients. This role requires managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely and professional manner to identify customers' needs, clarify information, research issues, and provide answers or solutions. The Lab Services Rep also assumes front desk responsibilities that include greeting all patients with a smile; accurately identifying the patient in Epic (the electronic medical record) to add them to the schedule; answering questions and addressing complaints of patients and doctor's offices; and ensuring the patient has a viable order and meets requirements for testing (fasting, non-fasting, etc).
Additional responsibilities include reviewing and accurately transcribing incoming faxes and phoned in orders for lab testing; keeping accurate and comprehensive phone logs of all incoming and outgoing calls; resolving, communicating and tracking patient/specimen problems generated by lab staff and problems received from doctors, offices and patients; working on work queues, reports and other assigned duties in a timely, accurate manner as directed by management; completing lab orders for accuracy and correcting any errors found immediately; ensuring that Lab Orders/Requisitions, ABN/Waivers and additional paperwork are scanned in the appropriate manner; and performing add-ons for missed test and additional orders as directed by management.
- Associate's degree, preferred
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in administrative and/or customer support role required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with basic computer functions required
- 1 or more years laboratory experience; experience in related field; and/or previous experience in Epic/Beaker, preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Self-disciplined and able to work with minimal supervision
- Collaborative and team-oriented behavior with strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.