Certified Athletic Trainer APP (Orthopedics-Grants Pass)
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.000000
Salary: Based upon Qualifications
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
Certified Athletic Trainer Position Overview
A key aspect of the Athletic Trainer's (AT) education and training is in the area of prevention and risk management. The AT is the front-line professional charged with this duty. Preparticipation screenings are critical to identifying risks and putting prevention plans into action. Additional prevention and risk management strategies undertaken by the AT range from on-site reviews for hazards; monitoring environmental conditions; and educating participants on nutrition and performance enhancing drugs to monitoring for overtraining, maintenance of clinical and treatment areas, and development of emergency action plans. This is a year-round position to support the schools, students and community we serve.
Travel Requirements: The AT will be required to travel to athletic events - attending both home and away events. Mileage reimbursement provided as applicable.
As a Certified Athletic Trainer for Asante Physician Partners (APP), you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend practices and athletic events as agreed to by the Athletic Director
- Conduct assessments of an athlete's injury or illness in order to provide emergency treatment and/or continued care; documentation of all evaluations, regardless of findings
- Use a variety of therapeutic modalities including, but not limited to; heat, cold, light, sound, electricity and rehabilitation and exercise equipment. Apply bandages, tapes and braces to treat and/or prevent injuries. Report and document treatments as necessary
- Establish and maintain a budget for athletic training supplies/equipment
- Develop schedules, develop and apply specific emergency action plans
- Initiate and administer athletic training student-aide program
- Provide referrals to physicians, health services, hospitals and/or other health professionals as necessary
- Communicate with coaches, parents, Athletic Director and other health care professionals regarding status of injured athletes and expected date of return to competition after completion of rehabilitation treatments
- Prepare class materials and resource set up, facilitate training, and collect evaluations and communication with staff regarding training updates
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training required
- Master's degree in Kinesiology, preferred
- 2 years athletic field experience required
- Athletic Trainer Oregon from the Oregon Health Licensing Office required
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) from the Oregon Health Licensing Office, preferred
Other Skills & Abilities
- Decision Making Skills: Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensing guidelines
- Attention to Detail: Thorough and detailed with injury tracking and documentation
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff and families
- Time Management: Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision. Flexibility with schedule is essential to provide service on site for athletic events
- Communication and Collaboration: Establish a working relationship with a designated team Physician, community Physicians, school nursing staff and other healthcare providers
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans