Coding Associate 2
Additional Position Details:
PLEASE NOTE: this is a remote/work from home position - however, due to our pay practices, qualified candidates MUST reside within one of the following states: OR, WA, CA, NV, CO, AZ, KY, TN, ID, GA, OK, TX, MA, PA, FL, ME, ND, MO, AK, NC. While candidates need to live or relocate to one of the aforementioned states, working remotely will require reliable broadband internet and personal cell phone service. Remote work may include working day-to-day operations during PST business hours or online training.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Coding Associate 2 is primarily responsible for the coding and abstracting of ancillary/outpatient records including ambulatory surgery and emergency room pertaining to patient's occasion of service. Standardized coding and classification systems, minimum data sets, data definitions and terminology will be utilized to ensure data is uniformly defined, collected, and verified. Provides assistance to authorized users to furnish aggregate data and information needed for education, statistical, managerial, reimbursement and performance improvement activities.
- 1 year ancillary/outpatient coding. Ability to code ambulatory surgery, observation or ED, including CPT coding
- Oncology Experience, Preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) by AHIMA - OR - Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by AAPC
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) - OR - Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred
- Ability to solve problems and make sound judgments and decisions
- Ability to extract pertinent information from documents
- Ability to evaluate documentation in the medical record to determine principal and secondary diagnoses to be coded
- Ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner with all members of the health care team
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 600,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 6,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.