Registered Nurse ARRMC (Intermediate Care Unit)
RN - Critical Care IMCU Position Overview
FTE / Status: FTE: 0.9 / Full Time
Schedule: 3rd Shift - Nights Patterned
If you have additional questions, please contact the Nurse Recruiter Team at [email protected]
This position is for our IMCU, to view all critical care opportunities at Asante, please click here
**Relocation Assistance may be available to qualified external candidates**
We are offering a Lucrative and Highly Competitive Recruitment Bonus-10% of Base Salary!
Contact Michelle Tramblie, Senior Nurse Recruiter for more information at [email protected]
This position is eligible for an $1,000 employee referral bonus, payable only to our current employees.
Please visit www.asante.org/careers/jobs/referrals to find out more details! *all bonus payouts are subject to tax
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. For the 8th consecutive year, Asante has been named a 15 Top Health System in the nation, rated by IBM Watson Health.
Who We Are
With our award-winning critical care departments, ARRMC offers ample support for our nursing staff including low staffing ratios of 2:1 or 1:1, 24/7 intensivist coverage, relief and charge RNS, support staff including CNAs and monitor techs and a phenomenal team of nurses to work alongside with.
Our critical care departments have received the beacon award designations multiple times. The Beacon award signifies exceptional care through improved outcomes and greater overall satisfaction - which translates to a positive and supportive work environment with greater collaboration between colleagues and leaders. To learn more about the Beacon designation, click here.
Our Critical Care Opportunities Include:
Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU): This critical care unit is comprised of 13 beds, operating 24 hours per day. With every private room, equipped with cameras to assist our nursing with direct patient visualization, we see a variety of patients suffering from serious conditions including: sepsis, renal failure and liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, respiratory distress, withdrawal, cardiac and post-operative care. In this unit, you will experience a high level of teamwork while providing excellent care to a diverse population.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU): Our Silver Beacon honored neuro-ortho ICU has a total of 15 beds, and we see it all here - from stroke to surgical to trauma. As a primary stroke unit, we offer a broad range of specialty services, including but not limited to, invasive intercranial pressure monitoring, continuous renal replacement therapy, advanced ventilation therapies, and trauma management. Our team is focused on creating an optimal work environment while delivering excellent care through best practices and expert patient care.
Coronary Care Unit (CCU): As a former Beacon Gold recipient, our CCU includes 16 beds and has a concentration for coronary care including: coronary artery bypass grafting, valve replacements, aneurysm repairs, heart failure, balloon pumps, ventricular assist devices and cardiac arrest. This unit represents an exemplary team of nurses who work closely together in a positive and supportive work environment while provided excellent care for our patients who are suffering from life-saving conditions.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop an individual's plan for patients
- Respond to life-saving situations as a member of the rapid response and code team
- Utilize your advanced nursing skills to care for patients who are critically ill and are at a high risk for life-threatening medical conditions
- Demonstrate organizational skills in the delivery of nursing care to patients with flexibility and a willingness to adjust priorities in response to changes in patient acuity, volume, emergencies, staffing or scheduling
- Become part of an impressive and well recognized critical care team who delivers excellent patient care
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Previous acute care experience required
- Basic arrhythmia proficiency required
- Previous critical care experience preferred
- New Graduate RN's will only be considered for full-time positions
- RN: Registered Nurse licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- ACLS: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support required upon start (all Critical Care Units)
- CCRN-A: Critical Care Registered Nurse - Adult (for ICU and CCU)
- CNRN: Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (for ICU and IMCU)
- PCCN: Progressive Care Certified Nurse (for IMCU)
- SCRN: Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (for ICU and IMCU)
- TCRN: Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (for ICU and IMCU)
- WCC: Wound Care Certified (for ICU, IMCU, and CCU)
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning healthcare system
- An unparalleled, supportive culture that leads to award-winning patient outcomes
- Excellent base pay, shift and education differentials, comprehensive benefits and performance-based bonuses
- Generous time off package including 8 holidays that supports a healthy work/life balance
- Substantial retirement package that includes a 6% employer contribution
- Relocation and bonus package may be available to qualified external candidates
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.