Infection Preventionist Asante
FTE / Status: FTE: 1.000000 / Full-Time
Schedule: Primarily Mon - Fri / 8AM - 5PM
Salary: Typical salary range is $39.14 to $48.92 (based on qualifications and years of relevant experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The clinical Infection Preventionist performs the infection prevention and control functions of surveillance, data collection, analysis of data, dissemination of results, education, policy development, and consultation. Also monitors compliance with mandates of accrediting and regulatory agencies related to practices associated with the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections. May function independently and/or in collaboration with leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field, or equivalent in education and experience, is required
- 1 year of infection control experience or 3 years of acute care experience is required
One of the following is required:
- RN: Registered Nurse licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN)
- MLS: Medical Laboratory Scientist (AKA Medical Technologist) with experience in infection control
- Applicable degree in related field (e.g. Public Health, Epidemiology, Microbiology) with experience in infection control accepted in lieu of RN or MLS
- CIC: Certification Infection Control
- Green or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma
- PMP: Project Management Professional
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.