Surgery Aide AACH (Surgery)
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.000000 / 40 hours / 1st Shift - Days
Salary: Typical starting range is $16.00 and up per hour (based on years of relevant experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Surgery Aide effectively maintains a clean, healthy, and safe as possible environment in the surgical setting for all patients and employees, using appropriate asepsis techniques. Working under the supervision of the RNs in the unit, responsibilities include OR suite turnover and cleaning, stocking, and transport (based on facility).
As a Surgery Aide you will have the opportunity to:
- Transport patients safely to and from the Operating Room (OR)
- Demonstrate proper body mechanics and safe patient positioning and moving
- Respond to emergencies within the department and obtain necessary equipment
- Identify yourself to the patient and identify the patient by checking the patient armband prior to transport
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience within a team environment required
- Surgery or orderly aide experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- CNA or equivalent licensure (such as EMT) preferred
- CSCT (Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician) preferred
Working Environment/Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis - such as transferring a patient in and out of a bed. The ability to bend, stretch, twist and perform other awkward physical movements is also required.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.