Remote Epic Analyst - HB Team
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.0 - Remote Capabilities in below mentioned states
Salary: Wage is based on years of relevant experience as well as the level of position. Depending upon candidate's qualifications, we may hire at the Associate level, the Analyst level, or the Senior Analyst level.
PLEASE NOTE: this is a remote/work from home position - however, due to our pay practices, qualified candidates MUST reside within one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, Florida, Maine and Massachusetts. While candidates need to live or relocate to one of the aforementioned states, working remotely will require reliable broadband internet and personal cell phone service. Remote work may include working day-to-day operations during PST business hours or online training.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
The Epic Analyst designs, analyzes, develops, tests, implements, and/or provides tier two technical assistance of assigned system applications. In this role, the Epic Analyst consults with Epic representatives, application coordinators, supervisors and end users to configure and build Epic software and applications to meet organizational and client needs; troubleshoots problems, offers solutions and recommends a course of action to address the issues and needs of the end user and to achieve client and/or hospital specifications for Epic applications; and develops and modifies procedures to solve complex data processing problems and/or prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
Please Note: This position is for the Epic HB "Hospital Billing" Team and prior experience with Revenue Cycle functions is required
Asante's Epic Analyst are offered the opportunity to gain Epic Certification in their current application by attending classes in Verona, Wisconsin with expectation to sign a retention contract that will include the requirement to complete annual EPIC recertification requirements.
***Please Note: To be considered for this position, qualified applicants will need to take and pass a proprietary assessment developed by Epic Systems Corporation if not already certified***
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent in education and/or experience is required (Associates or equivalent required for the Associate Epic Analyst level)
- Minimum 3 years of healthcare related experience in the area(s) of direct patient care, medical records, patient registration, scheduling, claims and/or information technology within a hospital or clinic, or the equivalent in education and experience, is required (1 year required for the Associate Epic Analyst level)
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Working experience in a healthcare environment such as healthcare operations, clinical areas, or information services, preferred
- Experience with programming, system analysis, configuration, system implementation, and/or application support, preferred
- Knowledge of the systems lifecycle, client-server technologies, clinical workflows and PC application support, preferred
- Experience with Visio, preferred
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in a variety of decision-making scenarios
- Ability to work independently with little or no day-to-day supervision
- Ability to conceptualize the visual effect of the product and how it will be used
- Comfortable presenting in front of a group
- Good attention to detail and ability to probe for information to fully understand the needs of the customer
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues with a 'can do' attitude
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also know when to escalate issues
- Ability to work within a team and to manage conflict
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.