Phlebotomist (Coumadin Clinic) - Outpatient
FTE/Hours: FTE: 0.000001 - Flexible Workforce, Weekends off, Works at multiple locations in the Coumadin Clinics in Medford, Ashland, and Grants Pass.
Salary: Typical starting range is $16.66 - $20.83/hour (based on years of relevant experience). Plus extra shift differentials for hours after 3:00pm. 15% additional per hour worked for Flexible Workforce positions.
- $1.27 extra for working between 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Phlebotomist will inspire confidence in the overall patient and staff experience by utilizing proper prioritization procedures and coordinating the collection of all phlebotomy specimens with co-workers. May also provide back-up to the Emergency Departments and Intensive Care Nursery. The Phlebotomist must consistently provide phlebotomy skills appropriate to the age and condition of the patient to minimize redraws (i.e., proper amounts, correct samples) and must strictly adhere to patient identification protocols as specified by regulatory requirements. This includes demonstrating knowledge of all patient safety precautions - such as isolations and safety devices.
As a Phlebotomist at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with patients and continually improve the patient experience
- Identify opportunities to optimize our workflow
- Utilize proper prioritization procedures by coordinating the collection of all specimens with co-workers
- Demonstrate productivity in patient care by consistently applying phlebotomy skills, with accuracy, to a diverse patient population
- High School diploma or equivalent
- If being hired directly after successful completion of a certified phlebotomy program, the requirement for experience below may be waived
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience or equivalent experience in a healthcare related field. Experience requirement may be waived after successful completion and attainment of a Certificate of Completion from a Certified Phlebotomy Education program approved by Asante Laboratory Leadership
- Knowledge of laboratory specimen requirements; experience with special drawing procedures (babies, therapeutic phlebotomies, combative patients, etc.), preferred
- 1-2 years phlebotomy experience in a Clinical Laboratory or hospital setting, preferred
- Possession of a valid Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past ten years and proof of insurance may be required (for Lab Outreach).
- Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology, preferred
- Using independent judgment in following established venipuncture procedures
- Ability to inspire confidence in and communicate effectively with patients and family, registration staff, unit secretaries, healthcare providers & visitors
- Demonstrating composure and organizational skills in handling crisis situations and effectively handle multiple tasks in times of heavy workload
- Demonstrating a positive working environment through teamwork
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans