Pharmacy Technician 1 ARRMC (Pharmacy)
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.000000 Variable Schedule
Salary: Typical starting $18.90 (based on years of relevant experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Licensed Pharmacy Tech is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in delivery of comprehensive pharmaceutical care under the supervision of the Pharmacist according to federal and Oregon state laws and departmental regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- No previous pharmacy experience is required, however some pharmacy experience or similar job experience is preferred
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician (PhT) by the Oregon Board of Pharmacy is required upon start
- Or, Licensed Pharmacy Intern by the Oregon Board of Pharmacy is accepted upon start
Required Skills & Abilities
Other preferred qualifications:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and to handle stress of busy daily operations
- Manual dexterity
- Able to communicate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills to represent departments to the public and internal customers
Good computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets; 10-Key proficiency; typing at 40 wpm; general knowledge and understanding of DNV standards if applicable.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.