Registered Nurse ARRMC (General Medicine)
RN - General Medicine Position Overview
FTE: 0.9 / Status: Full Time
Schedule: 1st Shift - Days Patterned
For more details or questions, please email [email protected] and a Nurse Recruiter will respond to your inquiry.
We are offering a Lucrative and Highly Competitive Sign On and Retention Bonus package!
Contact Michael Brophy, Senior Nurse Recruiter for more information at [email protected]
This position is eligible for up to a $1,000 employee referral bonus, payable only to our current employees.
Please visit www.asante.org/careers/jobs/referrals to find out more details! *all bonus payouts are subject to tax
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and
people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Our 36 bed General Medicine Unit cares for patients with a variety of diagnosis. Nicknamed the "detective" unit, as any undiagnosed medical conditions come to this unit with the medical team working together to help solve the mystery and treat the patient with the most appropriate care. Nurse to patient ratios for the General Medicine Unit are generally 5:1 for day and night shift. Telemetry patients are common along with a large population of renal and isolation patients.
As a General Medicine RN at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
- Enhance your knowledge with regard to a variety of diagnoses with a possible cardiac component
- Increase your knowledge on how to care for the renal failure patient
- Learn how to use a cycler for a patient in need of Peritoneal Dialysis
- Implement and evaluate plan of care with the goal of optimizing patient outcomes
- Participate in education and Performance Improvement activities to provide a quality service and keep up with industry changes
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Current acute care RN experience (minimum 1 year of experience) preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- CMSRN: Certified Medical Surgical RN
- CHPN: Certified Hospice & Palliative RN
- HNC: Holistic Nursing Certified
- MSN RN-BC: Medical Surgical Nurse RN Board Certified
- CNN: Certified Nephrology Nurse
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.