Manager of Informatics
The ITS Manager for Informatics is responsible for the management and support of Asante ITS resources, including systems and assets. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, system operations, customer support, project management, application implementation and support, scheduling, budget formulation and execution, staff growth, and leadership. Additional responsibilities include:
- Accountable for working with assigned specialty practice area and/or discipline specific clinical users and operational leaders to support implementation and adoption of integrated information systems, including the electronic health record (EHR) and to define, execute, and measure applicable post-implementation optimization and enhancement plans in service to safety, quality, efficiency, and the patient experience.
- Assures that the voice of the customer is represented, that multidisciplinary languages and standards of practice are integrated, and that related education and communications are developed, implemented, and evaluated.
- Works closely with ITS and other departments to coordinate resources, understand integration requirements between systems, and establish priorities in support of strategic goals.
- Encourages feedback from internal and external customers, including maintaining established goals for employee satisfaction and fostering positive relationships with physicians. This could also include monitoring service effectiveness, identifying problems with work processes, and ensure that customer needs are met.
Additional Position Details:
This position starts at $128,710.00 annually and goes up based on qualifications, education, and years of relevant experience.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
Our many accolades speak volumes about our commitment to quality and positive patient outcomes and directly reflect our employee's passion for the communities we serve. These accolades include:
- IBM Watson Health 15 Top Health Systems award in 2021. We've earned this recognition for nine years in a row.
- For the eighth time, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center has been named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list for 2021.
- Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center was also recognized as Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals list in 2021.
- All three of our hospitals received a CMS five-star rating in 2021.
- Asante was named one of America's Best in State Employers by Forbes in 2020 and 2021.
A $1 BILLION INVESTMENT IN OUR COMMUNITY
Over the next 10 years, Asante is embarking on its largest growth and development plan yet. It includes a $1 billion investment in the community for new construction, renovation, deferred maintenance, planned replacement, equipment and information technology.
Our expansion plans include the following:
- A new, 323,600-square-foot patient pavilion of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The addition will make more space available for people needing emergency care, women's and children's services, heart care and surgery.Construction on the $420 million addition began Nov. 1, 2020, with completion in early 2023. Expansion of the Emergency Department, site development and other renovations are included in the cost.
- A new regional cancer center near the Asante Rogue Regional campus. The nearly 80,000-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion services, education and support services. The $64 million project began in February 2020 and is expected to was completed in January 2022. It joins the Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- A 24,000 square foot expansion at the Spears Cancer Center on the campus of Asante Three Rivers. The 35,000-square-foot Spears Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion, lab and pharmacy services. The estimated cost is $15.2 million, and construction was completed in November 2021. It joins the Heimann Cancer Center in Medford as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- An expansion and renovation of the Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Emergency Department to accommodate the growing number of people seeking care. Treating more than 41,000 patients annually, the ED added 11 beds and doubled in size. The $12.7 million project was completed in December 2020.
- An expansion for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's inpatient behavioral health unit from 18 to 24 beds to address the growing need for acute mental health care. The $6.8 million project was completed in spring 2020 and includes a courtyard garden and calming spaces for patients.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, applicable clinical/ancillary field, or related field, or the equivalent in education and/or experience is required
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory or management experience in Information Technology or Health Care providing a strong background, understanding, and overall knowledge of specialized technological disciplines is required
- Experience in developing strategies to carry out multi-year strategic plans for complex organizations and experience working with physicians, individually and through committees, to assess, define and implement healthcare-focused I.T. solutionshighly preferred
- PMP: Project Management Professional certification through the Project Management Institute, preferred
- Informatics Nursing RN-BC, preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.