Desktop Systems Engineer 2
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.000000 Full-time, salaried position. Primarily Monday - Friday / 8:00am to 5:00pm. Hybrid work from home and hospital locations
Salary: Competitive wage, minimum starting $96,283.20. (Increase is based on years of relevant experience) Sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, and a personalized housing coordinator available upon hire
We are offering a Lucrative and Highly Competitive Recruitment Bonus-7% of Base Salary-and a Generous Relocation Assistance package!
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Systems Engineer 2 is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and support of Asante's desktop environment and will also act as the technical resources for strategic initiatives, projects, and system implementations. This systems engineer will serve as Tier 2 and 3 technical support for the Desktop Services Team. This position requires an understanding of the systems design and analysis techniques necessary to assist internal customers in defining systems/applications to meet the institutional goals of quality patient care, cost containment, and operational efficiency. Depending on the need, the Systems Engineer 2 may be focused in specific disciplines (e.g. server operations, storage systems, network infrastructure, client workstations, application support, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field - or the equivalent in experience and education is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting computer systems and applications including systems analysis and performance tuning in a 7 x 24 mission critical data center environment required
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems, client and server-based applications, data storage systems, systems monitoring and analysis, voice, data and network communications systems, backup systems, and disaster recovery required
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, network management systems, SNMP, protocol analysis, and network troubleshooting using industry standard tools required
- Possession of a valid Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past ten years and proof of insurance is required
- Microsoft Certified Professional; CompTIA; other ITS Systems Engineering related certifications, and/or Cisco Certified Networking Associate, preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical skills to diagnose and address network problems
- Ability to develop and document procedures and to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to prioritize work to meet ITS project goals and deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently toward shared goals in a professional team environment
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.