Nuclear Medicine Tech Registered ATRMC (Nuclear Medicine)
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.000000 Full Time Variable Schedule Days
Salary: Typical starting range is $36.07 to $45.09 (based on years of relevant experience)
*CT Registry is required, will included weekend CT day shifts
External Candidates are eligible for a Lucrative and Highly Competitive Recruitment Bonus in addition to a Generous Relocation Assistance package!
Our Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures utilizing radiopharmaceuticals while providing high-quality patient care throughout the examination. While not required, one or more years of experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist and /or having graduated from a nuclear medicine program, is preferred.
Who You Are
- Problem solver, able to solve challenges with scheduling, films, patients, and prioritization (triage work).
- Detail oriented, capable of developing a complete picture of the case including discussion with patient, studies, labs, and physician insight.
- Flexible, able to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction, work volume, and emergencies.
- Safety oriented, highly conscious of safety protocols to ensure radiation safety of all patients, families, and staff.
- Effective communicator, able to adapt communication style to meet the needs of patients, peers, and physicians.
What You'll Do
- Conduct daily constancy, camera QC, and contamination surveys according to regulations. Document and report to the supervisor or RSO any deviation from expected results.
- Provide quality patient exams that are clinically comprehensive and meet the needs of the patient.
- Monitor and act on radiation safety best practices and principles of radiation safety.
- Verify all patient unit doses received from Radiopharmacy prior to administration. This would include correct radioisotope and concentration to be appropriate for the exam ordered.
What You Must Have
- Current license from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board [CNMT (NMTCB)] or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists [RT (N) (ARRT)] is preferred. Board certification from either Registry must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- A temporary license is required for new hires. The official license, with national registry, must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Licensed in the Practice of Nuclear Medicine by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) is preferred.
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) is required upon start.
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-Call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.