Clinical Documentation Specialist (Clinical Doc Integrity)
FTE: 1.000000 / Status: Full Time Employee
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00 pm.
Salary: Exempt (salaried) position. Salary based on years of relevant experience and education.
We offer remote opportunities based on your level of experience!
This position is eligible for an $1,000 employee referral bonus, payable only to our current employees. Visit www.asante.org/careers/jobs/referrals to learn more details! External candidates are eligible for a Recruitment bonus. All bonus payouts are subject to tax.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. We provide exemplary patient care and medical excellence in our beautiful southern Oregon community. We are committed to award-winning health care. A few recent accolades we are proud of include:
- 2021 Watson Health Top 15 Health Systems (9th consecutive year)
- 5 Star (Overall)- CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
The Clinical Documentation Specialist facilitates improvement in the overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation through review of medical record and collaborative interactions with Physicians, HIM Coders, Case Managers and other healthcare team members. This role includes promoting appropriate clinical documentation at the point-of-care to accurately reflect the patient's severity of illness, working diagnosis and clinical course of the patient's hospitalization; and educating Physicians, Clinical Quality Analysts, Case managers and other members of the healthcare team on documentation guidelines.
- BSN: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (or higher), or related healthcare field, preferred
- At least 2 years nursing experience in clinical practice areas such as acute care hospital, physician clinics, quality, case management, performance improvement, or informatics is required
- Experience in multiple clinical practice areas such as: Critical Care, Labor & Delivery, Emergency Dept, Surgical Services, and/or physician clinics, preferred
- Experience in the healthcare revenue cycle, denials management, auditing, or case management, preferred
- Experience in a hospital or physician practice billing office, preferred
- Experience with EHR's, computer analytics, and database management systems, preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) required upon start
- Must obtain Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) or Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist - Outpatient (CCDS-O) through the Association for Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) within 2 years of hire date
- Certified Coding Specialist preferred
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder preferred
- Computer literacy and ability to work in multiple computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Strong organizational and communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability
- Adaptable communication skills to a wide variety of encounters with the healthcare team
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, self-directed, motivated behavior
- Ability to develop and maintain supportive, collaborative relationships with Physicians
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and issues and understand the regulatory and reimbursement impact of those decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively to physicians, employees and leadership
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.