Additional Position Details: Part Time .6 FTE Variable Days
The Echocardiographer performs cardiac ultrasound exams of high clinical and diagnostic quality and compiles quantitative information for final analysis and interpretation by medical staff physician.
Who We Are
Asante Ashland Community Hospital (AACH), located in Ashland, Oregon, is a 49-bed community hospital that features a birthing center, surgery center, diagnostic imaging, a laboratory, respiratory testing and surgery. Outpatient services include internal medicine, home health, wound care, and hyperbaric medicine. Founded in 1907, the hospital has grown and evolved to meet the changing needs of the community and the changing demands of healthcare.
If you are looking for a place to make a difference, work alongside of great people, and do amazing patient care, Asante Ashland Community Hospital is the place.
What Makes Us Different
We provide exemplary patient care and medical excellence in our beautiful southern Oregon community. We are committed to award-winning health care.
- IBM Watson Health15 Top Health Systems award in 2021 - we've earned this recognition for nine years in a row
- All three of our hospitals received a CMS five-star rating in 2021
- Asante was named one of America's Best in State Employers by Forbes in 2020 and 2021
Who You Are
- Problem solver, able to solve challenges with an ability to triage situations effectively.
- Autonomous, capable of assuming responsibility for designated work assignments and collaborating with team and leaders when needed.
- Effective communicator, able to adapt communication style to meet the needs of patients, peers, and physicians.
- Detail oriented, capable of developing a complete picture of the case including discussion with patient, studies, labs, and physician insight.
- Flexible, able to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction, work volume, and emergencies.
- Safety oriented, highly conscious of safety protocols to ensure safety of all patients, families, and staff.
- Growth-minded, passionate about the best practices in Echocardiography and participative in department and team performance improvement.
- One or more years of Echocardiographer experience preferred
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart is required upon start
One of the following is required:
- Licensed in Sonography by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) or,
- Licensed in Sonography by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) with Subspecialty as Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or,
- Licensed in Cardiovascular by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) with a Subspecialty in Sonography (RCS) (CCI) or,
- If the license by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) is in transition of renewal, the certification part of the license may need to be verified by the appropriate national agency: ARRT, ARDMS, ARMRIT, CCI or NMTCB.
- If hired with Sonography license only, specialty registration (RDMS) must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- OBMI Temporary License in respective specialty may be considered. Permanent licensure must be obtained within 1 year of hire prior to temporary license expiration.
- Pediatric Echocardiography (PE) specialty of Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RCDS) by American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
What We Offer for Full and Part-time Positions
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.