Remote Manager of Talent Acquisition
Additional posting information: this is open to candidates interested in work-from-home/remote opportunities, but will require travel to Southern Oregon about 25% of the time.
PLEASE NOTE: this is a remote/work-from-home position 75% of the time - however, due to our pay practices, qualified candidates MUST reside within one of the following states: OR, WA, CA, ID, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, OK, TX, KY, TN, GA, NC, FL, ME, IA, IL, MI, AK and MT. While candidates need to live or relocate to one of the aforementioned states, working remotely will require reliable broadband internet and personal cell phone service. Remote work may include working day-to-day operations during Pacific Standard business hours or online training.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
- Our many accolades speak volumes about our commitment to quality and positive patient outcomes and directly reflect our employee's passion for the communities we serve. These accolades include:
- IBM Watson Health 15 Top Health Systems award in 2022. We've earned this recognition for TEN years in a row.
- For the eighth time, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center has been named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list for 2021.
- Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center was also recognized as Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals list in 2021.
- All three of our hospitals received a CMS five-star rating in 2021.
- Asante was named one of America's Best in State Employers by Forbes in 2020 and 2021.
A $1 BILLION INVESTMENT IN OUR COMMUNITY
Over the next 10 years, Asante is embarking on its largest growth and development plan yet. It includes a $1 billion investment in the community for new construction, renovation, deferred maintenance, planned replacement, equipment and information technology.
Our expansion plans include the following:
- A new, 323,600-square-foot patient pavilion of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The addition will make more space available for people needing emergency care, women's and children's services, heart care and surgery. Construction on the $420 million addition began Nov. 1, 2020, with completion in early 2023. Expansion of the Emergency Department, site development and other renovations are included in the cost.
- A new regional cancer center near the Asante Rogue Regional campus. The nearly 80,000-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion services, education and support services. The $64 million project began in February 2020 and was completed in January 2022. It joins the Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- A 24,000 square foot expansion at the Spears Cancer Center on the campus of Asante Three Rivers. The 35,000-square-foot Spears Cancer Center will house all outpatient cancer services for one-stop patient convenience, including radiation therapy, infusion, lab and pharmacy services. The estimated cost is $15.2 million, and construction was completed in November 2021. It joins the Heimann Cancer Center in Medford as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
- An expansion and renovation of the Asante Three Rivers Medical Center Emergency Department to accommodate the growing number of people seeking care. Treating more than 41,000 patients annually, the ED added 11 beds and doubled in size. The $12.7 million project was completed in December 2020.
- An expansion for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's inpatient behavioral health unit from 18 to 24 beds to address the growing need for acute mental health care. The $6.8 million project was completed in spring 2020 and includes a courtyard garden and calming spaces for patients.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing objectives related to the Talent Acquisition function. They will be responsible for supervising a team of 25+ employees to ensure service and delivery excellence. Together with their team, then will establish processes and programs that support organizational goals. They may provide absence management, employee and labor relations, project management, talent management or program implementation support and may also provide strategic, operational and consultative human resources support to business units in areas of workforce planning, compensation, performance management, change management, organizational planning, litigation, and training.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area
- Preferred: Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related area
- 7 years relevant experience in Human Resources with at least 5 in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of at least one of the functional areas of HR and Talent management including employee and labor relations practices.
- Working knowledge of current regulatory requirements and standards relating to the function of human resource management. Knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Depending on the specialty, will require working knowledge of compensation practices, leave administration and Federal, State and ADAAA laws and regulations, talent acquisition including regulatory requirements and best practices, employee benefits, human resources information systems, experience in organizational consulting with employee development knowledge and experience in delivery of training.
- PHR or SPHM: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certified by Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- SHRM-CP or SHRm_SCP: Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Certified in Healthcare Human Resources (CHHR) by the American Society of Healthcare Human Resources (ASHHRA)
- International Public Management Association HR Certified Professional (IPMA-CP)
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 600,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.